Sadiya Umar Farouq: Over 1m Nigerians have applied for N-Power already

Sadiya Umar Farouq
The Honourable Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq

The Federal Government, through the Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has revealed that more than one million youths have applied for the N-Power program during the period of opening the portal.

Sadiya Umar Farouq, on her Twitter Handle said; “The portal has been registering about 100 applications per second and as at 7:38 pm, we had received 1,001,045 applications.”

Also, the Deputy Director of Information, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs disaster management and social development, Rhoda Iliya revealed this while speaking to newsmen on Monday. She said; “The huge turn out in the number of Nigerians who have applied for the program is an indication of the number of youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

Read also: Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs allocate N-Power slots to politicians

She equally stated that; ”The ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.

“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.

“The portal is open for all Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”

There was no hacking on the portal the ministry said, reacting to the false news over the N-Power being hacked.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.